Friday, August 10, 2012

day ?

I kinda dropped the ball on my photo a day, which I knew was extremely likely to happen.  I always have such great reasons why I should do something, start it and then forget or get bored with the idea.  In this case, there were a few days where I totally forgot to take a photo, and it would be evening before I realized but then couldn't think of something to scramble up, so I dropped it.   But today I do have a few pictures to share. 

The first being photos of my girls room.  I've been a busy bee trying to organize and arrange my little hoarders room to MY liking.  I hope she likes it too!  Up until now I've just let her toys and stuff live out of the boxes we moved them in, but aside from always keeping her bedroom door closed so I didn't have the constant reminder, I just needed to do something about it.  Best time is when she's gone, or she'll argue the point of keeping something as silly as a gum wrapper.  Hoarder? YUP!
I painted her dresser white instead of the brown, put new hardware on the drawers, purchased a really adorable seatee with storage baskets below and then got her a cubby shelf for more baskets and book space.  I love her room now!  With the gauzy curtains she already had up, it is so bright and cheerful!  AND accentuates her two favourite colours .. sea blue and bright green!

 And on a totally side topic, this table top just came into the store the other day and I love it.  It is glass topped, but how neat to see all the country names formed into the continents they belong on.  I would love to see if I could duplicate something similar for Hailey as she is my little geography freak thanks to her favourite anime, Hetalia.

No comments:

Friday, August 10, 2012

day ?

I kinda dropped the ball on my photo a day, which I knew was extremely likely to happen.  I always have such great reasons why I should do something, start it and then forget or get bored with the idea.  In this case, there were a few days where I totally forgot to take a photo, and it would be evening before I realized but then couldn't think of something to scramble up, so I dropped it.   But today I do have a few pictures to share. 

The first being photos of my girls room.  I've been a busy bee trying to organize and arrange my little hoarders room to MY liking.  I hope she likes it too!  Up until now I've just let her toys and stuff live out of the boxes we moved them in, but aside from always keeping her bedroom door closed so I didn't have the constant reminder, I just needed to do something about it.  Best time is when she's gone, or she'll argue the point of keeping something as silly as a gum wrapper.  Hoarder? YUP!
I painted her dresser white instead of the brown, put new hardware on the drawers, purchased a really adorable seatee with storage baskets below and then got her a cubby shelf for more baskets and book space.  I love her room now!  With the gauzy curtains she already had up, it is so bright and cheerful!  AND accentuates her two favourite colours .. sea blue and bright green!

 And on a totally side topic, this table top just came into the store the other day and I love it.  It is glass topped, but how neat to see all the country names formed into the continents they belong on.  I would love to see if I could duplicate something similar for Hailey as she is my little geography freak thanks to her favourite anime, Hetalia.

No comments: