Monday, February 12, 2007

V-Day Preparations


Every year, since Hailey started preschool in 2002 we've made special cookies for her to bring along to share with her class. Alissa got to start this in 2004 when she started Preschool too. Along with making special little valentines to pass out to friends, cookies have become a tradition ( if you can call it that) with us. This year, I had the (not so) brainy idea to shape our own instead of the normal heart shaped cookie cut sugar cookie. I still made up two batches of sugar cookies, mixing red dye in with the one, but rolled the red, flattened the white, placed the red 'snake' ontop the white and did a smooth shuffle move that along with wax paper made it pretty simple. Tho I'm not about to make these again anytime soon. After chilling the 'snakes', we sliced (and diced, okay .. not really) and shaped into hearts and voila .. cookies in their prebaked form. I wish I could say they stayed so pretty after the heat of the oven got to them, but some so still resemble hearts, others more like cow patties. ha!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

mindtwister said...

Hmmm...the cookies look delicious. I like the idea of theme cookies. I also like how some of them look like t-bone steaks....lol...j/k!!!

Arlene said...

But I bet they're yummy, and that's all that matters!! Not to mention you at least tried...more than I would have done!!

Mz.Elle said...

lmao cow patties,hee hee
I bet they tasted good!
The kids won't even notice,they'll see red and white and think Valentines.

I want to make dropped shortbreads with candy hearts but didn't think ahead enough to buy the stuff and now I'm craving em like mad.

Anonymous said...

You continually amaze me with your cookie making abilities!!!

Cerulean Bill said...

My daughter informs me, with no little degree of disgust, that the Food Police at her school strictly prohibit ANY goodies being brought in -- no cakes, cookies, cupcakes, nothing. They're bad for you , you see.

Rach said...

MT .. my hubby said the same thing as you .. they look like steaks. lol

Lael .. they are delish and thanks!

Arlene .. yep, and I have a whole extra 16 now because the youngests teacher informed me she has an abundance of goodies coming so I'm off the hook.

Karmyn .. awww thanks! Glad I'm able to amaze someone. hee!

Bill, I almost wish our school would have a 'no sugar' policy. The teachers probably wish the same!

Monday, February 12, 2007

V-Day Preparations


Every year, since Hailey started preschool in 2002 we've made special cookies for her to bring along to share with her class. Alissa got to start this in 2004 when she started Preschool too. Along with making special little valentines to pass out to friends, cookies have become a tradition ( if you can call it that) with us. This year, I had the (not so) brainy idea to shape our own instead of the normal heart shaped cookie cut sugar cookie. I still made up two batches of sugar cookies, mixing red dye in with the one, but rolled the red, flattened the white, placed the red 'snake' ontop the white and did a smooth shuffle move that along with wax paper made it pretty simple. Tho I'm not about to make these again anytime soon. After chilling the 'snakes', we sliced (and diced, okay .. not really) and shaped into hearts and voila .. cookies in their prebaked form. I wish I could say they stayed so pretty after the heat of the oven got to them, but some so still resemble hearts, others more like cow patties. ha!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

mindtwister said...

Hmmm...the cookies look delicious. I like the idea of theme cookies. I also like how some of them look like t-bone steaks....lol...j/k!!!

Arlene said...

But I bet they're yummy, and that's all that matters!! Not to mention you at least tried...more than I would have done!!

Mz.Elle said...

lmao cow patties,hee hee
I bet they tasted good!
The kids won't even notice,they'll see red and white and think Valentines.

I want to make dropped shortbreads with candy hearts but didn't think ahead enough to buy the stuff and now I'm craving em like mad.

Anonymous said...

You continually amaze me with your cookie making abilities!!!

Cerulean Bill said...

My daughter informs me, with no little degree of disgust, that the Food Police at her school strictly prohibit ANY goodies being brought in -- no cakes, cookies, cupcakes, nothing. They're bad for you , you see.

Rach said...

MT .. my hubby said the same thing as you .. they look like steaks. lol

Lael .. they are delish and thanks!

Arlene .. yep, and I have a whole extra 16 now because the youngests teacher informed me she has an abundance of goodies coming so I'm off the hook.

Karmyn .. awww thanks! Glad I'm able to amaze someone. hee!

Bill, I almost wish our school would have a 'no sugar' policy. The teachers probably wish the same!