Monday, November 05, 2007

goodbye, for another year

There's this place, where nearly everyone in our town, bring their most loved jack-o-lanterns when the Halloween season has passed. The pumpkins rest on any rock, gate, or fencepost that's in the vicinity. They line the road for a long stretch, and their faces stare back at us as we pass. This is the place we put our own pumpkins to rest, every year. We so enjoy going to pick out the perfect spot ours will sit, and looking at each and every one of the others that have been brought here. This is what our family has come to call 'The Pumpkin Graveyard' (keeping with the halloween spirit and all ;))


One year, it was raining so hard, that Dave dashed the pumpkins out and we only observed from the inside of our warm and cozy and DRY vehicle. Last year the girls and I went, and only had a few moments before the rain started. This year, the day had been brisk but sunny, and although with the time change .. it seems like it's getting late because the sun has set already .. it was about 4pm'ish.

Bubye pumpkins! I hope you rot in peace, and bring others some joy until then. :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Ohhh thats such a cool idea, Rach!
Wish someone here would do that(we didn't get to a pumpkin carving session this year because we had church on Halloween this year)

Mz.Elle said...

JP Road?
I LOVE that idea,it speaks volumes to me about your wonderful community:)
I'm glad you had a sunny day!

Rach said...

Yep Lael, how'd you guess? ;)

Sounds like you all had a great time, anyway, JeanneL. :)

Cori said...

Love this road, someone posted some pics at SMoments, and I figure it must have been after you were there, as the gate was filled up :)

Monday, November 05, 2007

goodbye, for another year

There's this place, where nearly everyone in our town, bring their most loved jack-o-lanterns when the Halloween season has passed. The pumpkins rest on any rock, gate, or fencepost that's in the vicinity. They line the road for a long stretch, and their faces stare back at us as we pass. This is the place we put our own pumpkins to rest, every year. We so enjoy going to pick out the perfect spot ours will sit, and looking at each and every one of the others that have been brought here. This is what our family has come to call 'The Pumpkin Graveyard' (keeping with the halloween spirit and all ;))


One year, it was raining so hard, that Dave dashed the pumpkins out and we only observed from the inside of our warm and cozy and DRY vehicle. Last year the girls and I went, and only had a few moments before the rain started. This year, the day had been brisk but sunny, and although with the time change .. it seems like it's getting late because the sun has set already .. it was about 4pm'ish.

Bubye pumpkins! I hope you rot in peace, and bring others some joy until then. :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Ohhh thats such a cool idea, Rach!
Wish someone here would do that(we didn't get to a pumpkin carving session this year because we had church on Halloween this year)

Mz.Elle said...

JP Road?
I LOVE that idea,it speaks volumes to me about your wonderful community:)
I'm glad you had a sunny day!

Rach said...

Yep Lael, how'd you guess? ;)

Sounds like you all had a great time, anyway, JeanneL. :)

Cori said...

Love this road, someone posted some pics at SMoments, and I figure it must have been after you were there, as the gate was filled up :)