This project is a hat for Hailey. It's not complete yet. It needs little ear flaps and braids, and maybe even a little wee pom-pom at the top. I think I'll make one for Alissa in a colour she likes, and after Dave modeled it for me last night (needed an idea of size because the hat's a C-Mas gift), he too wants one, in green or anything camo like, minus the ear flaps and braids of course .. more like a beenie.
I think I may even go so far as to make matching scarves, tho we have a closet shelf full of hats/scarves/mitts that only are used during a very small portion of our Island winter.
You know what I'd like to do this year? Have a 'handmade' Christmas. We're keeping it lowkey this year anyway .. because we have a BIG project simmering on the back burner, that will all but consume every last red cent we have, so handmaking small items would be perfectly fitting, and give us a chance to focus more on our traditions and enjoying each and every moment we have as a family. I do believe I like that idea!

7 comments:
Very cute! I am sure she is going to love it.
Well even though I rarely comment I do read your blog every day. However, this entry was designed to get a remark from me wasn't it? :D YOu simply must sign up for the new knitting and crochet site called Ravelry at ravelry.com. There's a long waiting list since it's in Beta, but they're inviting list members in droves and you should be able to get in fairly quickly. I'm in there as CindyS and I think you would love it since your "yarning" again. :D
I can only crochet big squares....so if my family wants washclothes or hankies I'm set.
I love the hat! It looks awesome. How would you do a Camouflaged one?
Too funny! My hands do the same thing and I always resort to knitting to keep me away from the fooood;p
It looks great! I can't wait to see the finished projects. I love Camo yarn..
I like the idea of a handmade Christmas too..sooo?? what's your big project?? Can I guess??
Are you buying a house?? You don't have to tell me,lol,but for some reason I've been thinking that you might be...I have NO clue why that thought is in my head. Well aside from our Facebook exchanges,lol.
I hope you have fun with whatever you guys are up to,yay!
I'm sure Hailey is going to love her hat. What an awesome idea to make the theme for gifts to be handmade. Ok.....I'm sitting here laughing at the picture in my mind of Dave wearing this hat....sorry, I just can't help it...tee-hee I'm actually thinking braids and that remends me of the new Wendy's commercial ;D
Cindy, thanks for the link and suggestion of joining up. Oooh boy .. another place to get addicted to! :P
Karmyn .. hey hankies and clothes work too! You could make a granny square afghan or perhaps baby blanket for the new little one. ;)
Lael .. I think you've found a nice cozy little corner of my brain to invade, now haven't you?! I plan on posting a more in depth blurb on our BIG project and then perhaps I can confirm or deny your allegations. hee!
Faye .. you're too funny. Check your email! :P
LOL. I can't wait!! I'm sooo excited,wheeee!!
Post a Comment