Wednesday, November 07, 2007

House Meme

I pick and choose which memes I like to participate in, and this one looked interesting enough for me.

House meme:
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Dove for me, Irish Spring for Dave, and whatever mini bars we can find, for the girls
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No
3. What would you change about your living room? it's size and shape, and the carpets
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? I wish I had a dishwasher, but there's only breakfast dishes on the sink at the moment.
5. What is in your fridge? Besides food? A paintbrush in need of rinsing.
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat or multigrain.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A few recipes that haven't made it back into the cupboard above the fridge, sunglasses to keep out of reach of sticky fingers, and hockey tape (not sure why that's up there)
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? A soft green with white swirly viny pattern.
9. How many plants are in your home? 2 African Violets Dave gave the girls a couple years ago for V-Day .. and they're still alive and blooming every once in awhile! Shockers!
10. Is your bed made right now? No, I'm washing the bedding.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet
12. Is your closet organized? Which one? My clothes closet, yes .. the coat closet, no!
13. Can you describe your flashlight? We have several. The yellow highbeam one that shines for miles (or so it seems), and a shaker one that re-energizes when you shake the magnet back and forth. There's more around here, but those are the two we use the most.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? a glass
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Nope, but used to drink the stuff ALL the time.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Don't have one, but don't ask about the shed. :/
17. Curtains or blinds? blinds, but I'd like curtains one day .. but ones I've made.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? just one
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? the bathroom light, and a nightlight in the upstairs hallway as well as one in Alissa's room.
20. How often do you vacuum? depends, but usually a couple times a week.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard
22. What color is your toothbrush? light blue
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? no, but have one inside the door
24. What is in your oven right now? just tinfoil lining the bottom.
25. Is there anything under your bed? empty gun cases (soft and hard), a box of the girls artwork, and maybe a water bottle or two.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Dusting and cleaning the bathroom. Strangely, I clean the bathroom an awful lot considering it's one I hate. I'm pretty anal about toothpasted sinks and hairy toilets. :P
27. What retro items are in your home? None
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? no.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? 5.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? umm, if under the couch cushions counts, then yes.
31. What color are your walls?Mexican sand throughout the entire house, except for A's room being a soft shade of pink and the bathroom is a rather harsh blue.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Remember, Dave? He hunts. So, we have a few rifles, a paint gun, a couple airsoft guns and a bow or two.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Vanilla Glade plugins. Yum!
34. Favorite candle scent? vanilla or cinnamon during the C-Mas season
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? pickled mushrooms
36. What color is your favorite Bible? since I only have one, black .. but it's collecting dust so it may be rather greyish now.
37. Ever been on your roof? Hell no! Heights and me do NOT get along! But we just had our roof redone last month, so it's all good up there.
38. Do you own a stereo? yeah, a nice loud, rockin' one!
39. How many TVs do you have? 2
40. How many house phones? 2 .. one cordless, and one corded (just in case)
41. Do you have a housekeeper? Oh how I wish!
42. What style do you decorate in? I seriously want a whole new style, but in the meantime it's liveable.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solid, tho we currently have an embossed print.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? yes, two
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? After us, all the scrapbook albums and the case of picture discs, and Dave's rifles.

If you choose to do this Meme as well, let me know in the comments, so I can come read your answers. :)

2 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

I really liked this one!
Good answers. It's neat to get to
know you this way:)
I'm doing this next post...

Karen said...

This is a good one, Rach. I did it, too: http://birkelbk.blogspot.com/2007/11/house-meme.html

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

House Meme

I pick and choose which memes I like to participate in, and this one looked interesting enough for me.

House meme:
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Dove for me, Irish Spring for Dave, and whatever mini bars we can find, for the girls
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No
3. What would you change about your living room? it's size and shape, and the carpets
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? I wish I had a dishwasher, but there's only breakfast dishes on the sink at the moment.
5. What is in your fridge? Besides food? A paintbrush in need of rinsing.
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat or multigrain.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A few recipes that haven't made it back into the cupboard above the fridge, sunglasses to keep out of reach of sticky fingers, and hockey tape (not sure why that's up there)
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? A soft green with white swirly viny pattern.
9. How many plants are in your home? 2 African Violets Dave gave the girls a couple years ago for V-Day .. and they're still alive and blooming every once in awhile! Shockers!
10. Is your bed made right now? No, I'm washing the bedding.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet
12. Is your closet organized? Which one? My clothes closet, yes .. the coat closet, no!
13. Can you describe your flashlight? We have several. The yellow highbeam one that shines for miles (or so it seems), and a shaker one that re-energizes when you shake the magnet back and forth. There's more around here, but those are the two we use the most.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? a glass
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Nope, but used to drink the stuff ALL the time.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Don't have one, but don't ask about the shed. :/
17. Curtains or blinds? blinds, but I'd like curtains one day .. but ones I've made.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? just one
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? the bathroom light, and a nightlight in the upstairs hallway as well as one in Alissa's room.
20. How often do you vacuum? depends, but usually a couple times a week.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard
22. What color is your toothbrush? light blue
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? no, but have one inside the door
24. What is in your oven right now? just tinfoil lining the bottom.
25. Is there anything under your bed? empty gun cases (soft and hard), a box of the girls artwork, and maybe a water bottle or two.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Dusting and cleaning the bathroom. Strangely, I clean the bathroom an awful lot considering it's one I hate. I'm pretty anal about toothpasted sinks and hairy toilets. :P
27. What retro items are in your home? None
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? no.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? 5.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? umm, if under the couch cushions counts, then yes.
31. What color are your walls?Mexican sand throughout the entire house, except for A's room being a soft shade of pink and the bathroom is a rather harsh blue.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Remember, Dave? He hunts. So, we have a few rifles, a paint gun, a couple airsoft guns and a bow or two.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Vanilla Glade plugins. Yum!
34. Favorite candle scent? vanilla or cinnamon during the C-Mas season
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? pickled mushrooms
36. What color is your favorite Bible? since I only have one, black .. but it's collecting dust so it may be rather greyish now.
37. Ever been on your roof? Hell no! Heights and me do NOT get along! But we just had our roof redone last month, so it's all good up there.
38. Do you own a stereo? yeah, a nice loud, rockin' one!
39. How many TVs do you have? 2
40. How many house phones? 2 .. one cordless, and one corded (just in case)
41. Do you have a housekeeper? Oh how I wish!
42. What style do you decorate in? I seriously want a whole new style, but in the meantime it's liveable.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solid, tho we currently have an embossed print.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? yes, two
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? After us, all the scrapbook albums and the case of picture discs, and Dave's rifles.

If you choose to do this Meme as well, let me know in the comments, so I can come read your answers. :)

2 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

I really liked this one!
Good answers. It's neat to get to
know you this way:)
I'm doing this next post...

Karen said...

This is a good one, Rach. I did it, too: http://birkelbk.blogspot.com/2007/11/house-meme.html

Thanks!