I decided last evening, to bring my latest crocheting project along to Karate. Alissa always brings books, colouring things, or card games to pass the hour while Hailey trains .. and I bring along a book, but usually land up colouring or playing a game with Alissa.
But with Christmas fast approaching, and the handmade gifties I'm anticipating to complete, I thought I best spend that hour doing something more productive then reading a novel.
And it seems two other Moms had the same idea! I landed up sitting beside them .. they knitting, and I crocheting. One was knitting an afghan, the other a very funky coloured scarf made from really neat wool .. and I was working on an uber cute purse made from very funky yarn. As we were leaving the building, a Dad commented on our 'yarn club'. It must have been a sight to see. lol
I can't share any pictures of the finished product (I DID finish it last night, minus finishing off the loose ends), because I'm hoping to make a few of these for certain girls on my C-Mas list, and I know of at least one that reads my blog on occasion .. and sharing it would spoil the surprise.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
a sight to see
I decided last evening, to bring my latest crocheting project along to Karate. Alissa always brings books, colouring things, or card games to pass the hour while Hailey trains .. and I bring along a book, but usually land up colouring or playing a game with Alissa.
But with Christmas fast approaching, and the handmade gifties I'm anticipating to complete, I thought I best spend that hour doing something more productive then reading a novel.
And it seems two other Moms had the same idea! I landed up sitting beside them .. they knitting, and I crocheting. One was knitting an afghan, the other a very funky coloured scarf made from really neat wool .. and I was working on an uber cute purse made from very funky yarn. As we were leaving the building, a Dad commented on our 'yarn club'. It must have been a sight to see. lol
I can't share any pictures of the finished product (I DID finish it last night, minus finishing off the loose ends), because I'm hoping to make a few of these for certain girls on my C-Mas list, and I know of at least one that reads my blog on occasion .. and sharing it would spoil the surprise.
But with Christmas fast approaching, and the handmade gifties I'm anticipating to complete, I thought I best spend that hour doing something more productive then reading a novel.
And it seems two other Moms had the same idea! I landed up sitting beside them .. they knitting, and I crocheting. One was knitting an afghan, the other a very funky coloured scarf made from really neat wool .. and I was working on an uber cute purse made from very funky yarn. As we were leaving the building, a Dad commented on our 'yarn club'. It must have been a sight to see. lol
I can't share any pictures of the finished product (I DID finish it last night, minus finishing off the loose ends), because I'm hoping to make a few of these for certain girls on my C-Mas list, and I know of at least one that reads my blog on occasion .. and sharing it would spoil the surprise.
2 comments:
- Faye said...
-
Ha.....would that be ME reading your Blog?? LOL!
-
11:20 AM, November 21, 2007
- Mz.Elle said...
-
I love it when people knit or crochet in public! I always waana run up and chat them up,lol
-
12:33 PM, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha.....would that be ME reading your Blog?? LOL!
I love it when people knit or crochet in public! I always waana run up and chat them up,lol
Post a Comment