Monday, November 26, 2007

one of my favourite days

I have two favourite ways of spending a day. One, being penned up inside my warm and cozy home, wearing pajamas and watching a movie or two, scrapbooking or crafting of any sort, eating easily prepared meals and sipping on any sort of warm beverage (or cold beverage if the weather's warm). The other way I love spending a day, is out enjoying the countryside with my little family. It has to be a dry day, at least .. and any scenic view is also a bonus, and if we're geocaching .. well then that's the icing on the cake.
We had the second kind of day, yesterday, and saw a part of our river that I've never seen before. The drop off was rather frightening and a little intimidating .. so I was the only one aloud near it, for photos. The steep incline up was a playground of all sorts of interesting things for my little explorers. There was rocks and mushrooms, bark and prickly bushes to investigate, and to top it all off .. Dave came across petrified wood, that Hailey took for 'show and tell' today.
We also visited a special heritage site that I've been longing to see with my own eyes for awhile now. Morden Mines. It's awesome and breathtaking and begs for the story to be told. Perhaps I'll do my research on it, soon.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

What an awesome day!
I love those dark,dark rocks..

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the same cliff we stood on when we visited? That was the first time I felt vertigo!

Rach said...

Lael, I love the dark colours of the rocks too. They look so powerful!

Deb, this particular cliff is on the Nanaimo River. I think when you guys were here, we were out by the ocean .. close to the mill?

Monday, November 26, 2007

one of my favourite days

I have two favourite ways of spending a day. One, being penned up inside my warm and cozy home, wearing pajamas and watching a movie or two, scrapbooking or crafting of any sort, eating easily prepared meals and sipping on any sort of warm beverage (or cold beverage if the weather's warm). The other way I love spending a day, is out enjoying the countryside with my little family. It has to be a dry day, at least .. and any scenic view is also a bonus, and if we're geocaching .. well then that's the icing on the cake.
We had the second kind of day, yesterday, and saw a part of our river that I've never seen before. The drop off was rather frightening and a little intimidating .. so I was the only one aloud near it, for photos. The steep incline up was a playground of all sorts of interesting things for my little explorers. There was rocks and mushrooms, bark and prickly bushes to investigate, and to top it all off .. Dave came across petrified wood, that Hailey took for 'show and tell' today.
We also visited a special heritage site that I've been longing to see with my own eyes for awhile now. Morden Mines. It's awesome and breathtaking and begs for the story to be told. Perhaps I'll do my research on it, soon.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

What an awesome day!
I love those dark,dark rocks..

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the same cliff we stood on when we visited? That was the first time I felt vertigo!

Rach said...

Lael, I love the dark colours of the rocks too. They look so powerful!

Deb, this particular cliff is on the Nanaimo River. I think when you guys were here, we were out by the ocean .. close to the mill?