Friday, November 23, 2007

artsy fartsy

As I've already mentioned (and shown), I'm into a swoop of early crafting as of late. I'm not sure if it's the colder weather that's spurred it on, or the fact that we're looking for a simpler, more inexpensive and creative Christmas in lue of our recent BIG project. Along with all the fun gift crafting also comes the passion for paper crafting and decoration making and I've been motivated to do some new things, thanks to my friend Krista. She linked to these darling things in a recent post, and I fell in love. It would be a nice change to the store bought chocolate kind we buy every year, and so I went on a hunt to find white or red (or both) felt. I actually found some tucked in the overflowing craft box we won from the school and have since cut out all the pieces. Sewing them all together will be our weekend adventure, and I'll share the end result in the form of a picture.

Putting the sewing part on hold didn't stop us from directing ourselves towards another craft to tide us over. I say 'us', but really it was Hailey itching to craft today. With my help (the cutting, because it was rather overwhelming for her to cut 6 bells AND 6 stars), Hailey went wild with the glue stick and glitters. Digging into my scrapping stash, revealed THE perfect ribbons for the finishing touch, and I promise I'll take a photo during daylight hours so you can see our first Christmas of 2007 decoration!

I seriously LOVE that my girls (well the older one more so then the youngin') adore crafting as much as me. I wouldn't want to beg, entice or bribe them to craft with me if it didn't come so naturally. And believe me, begging does NOT look good on me. My face turns into a horrendous mess of wrinkles, and holes appear bigger then they are.

ETA picture, tho rather nasty in quality.

2 comments:

Faye said...

I love what the girls made! So festive and a great way to make C-mas a personal and creative holiday.
Also, LOVE your new Header!!

Anonymous said...

You are so good!!! Right now the thought of trying to figure out a craft is too much for me. Maybe next year!

Friday, November 23, 2007

artsy fartsy

As I've already mentioned (and shown), I'm into a swoop of early crafting as of late. I'm not sure if it's the colder weather that's spurred it on, or the fact that we're looking for a simpler, more inexpensive and creative Christmas in lue of our recent BIG project. Along with all the fun gift crafting also comes the passion for paper crafting and decoration making and I've been motivated to do some new things, thanks to my friend Krista. She linked to these darling things in a recent post, and I fell in love. It would be a nice change to the store bought chocolate kind we buy every year, and so I went on a hunt to find white or red (or both) felt. I actually found some tucked in the overflowing craft box we won from the school and have since cut out all the pieces. Sewing them all together will be our weekend adventure, and I'll share the end result in the form of a picture.

Putting the sewing part on hold didn't stop us from directing ourselves towards another craft to tide us over. I say 'us', but really it was Hailey itching to craft today. With my help (the cutting, because it was rather overwhelming for her to cut 6 bells AND 6 stars), Hailey went wild with the glue stick and glitters. Digging into my scrapping stash, revealed THE perfect ribbons for the finishing touch, and I promise I'll take a photo during daylight hours so you can see our first Christmas of 2007 decoration!

I seriously LOVE that my girls (well the older one more so then the youngin') adore crafting as much as me. I wouldn't want to beg, entice or bribe them to craft with me if it didn't come so naturally. And believe me, begging does NOT look good on me. My face turns into a horrendous mess of wrinkles, and holes appear bigger then they are.

ETA picture, tho rather nasty in quality.

2 comments:

Faye said...

I love what the girls made! So festive and a great way to make C-mas a personal and creative holiday.
Also, LOVE your new Header!!

Anonymous said...

You are so good!!! Right now the thought of trying to figure out a craft is too much for me. Maybe next year!