I'm finished! Yay! And it turned out so darn cute, and I know my girlie is going to SO love it! She's been eyeing up ones in different stores, on occasion .. and that's how I know she wants this particular style.
I must say one more thing .. to brag a little. I did start out with using a pattern, but it soon became more of a doll sized hat then one that would fit a small headed 8 yr old. So I made up my own pattern as I went along. One that shaped okay, that would stretch, one that worked with this particular chunky yarn, and I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. (/horn tooting)
I must thank Miss Bratz for her generous offer of being my personal model for the camera. She's not nearly as shy as Dave (tho he humoured me when I needed his head for size). (I did get me a blackmail photo, Faye .. after much pleading and begging and promising NOT to post it here or on facebook, but he didn't say I couldn't email it *evil cackle*)

5 comments:
Hey Rach, thanks for twisting Dave's arm to model the hat for a pic.....I treasure it and can think of many applications for the pic that Dave hasn't stipulated against for posting it. *evil wink*
Hee Hee I like your style Lady!
The hat turned out awesome!!
That didn't take you long...
You are very talented :) The hat turned out great!
Great job. I love completed projects. There are a shortage of them around my place. What's your secret, hmmmn?
Thank you, thank you! :)
Krista, my secret is that I'm anal. I can't put things down without completing them. It nags at me until it's done .. which is why it didn't take me that long to complete the hat. It also helps that I only have two children to tuck in at night, and then the rest of the evening is mine. You'll get to that point too, with your four, but your little ones are still so little. Don't beat yourself up over the work in progress projects .. they'll get done. :)
Post a Comment